Q: When will practices be held?
- Practices for players will be held at a local city park within your neighborhood (if possible) to make it convenient for parents and coaches. Typically practices are held once a week for an hour. It is up to each individual coach to determine when and where practices will be held. Coaches are encouraged to work with players schedules since many players participate in multiple sports. Please keep in mind that a coach can have up to 10 kids on his/her team so he/she can't always work around everyone's schedule.
Q: Where are the practice locations?
- The coaches choose their practice locations. We do permit various fields in the two locations for coaches to choose from if they are having issues. That list comes out a week to two weeks prior to the start of the season.
Q: When will the schedule come out?
- The schedule comes out generally the week leading into the season.
Q: What are the rules for NFL Flag?
Q: How much will my child play?
- We have equal playing time rules in our league. Please refer to the substitution rules based on the number of players playing a game. Go to https://www.nflflagiv.com/coaches
Q: What are the substitution rules?
Q: I'm not with the right coach. What do I do?
- If you requested a specific coach, we do our best to assign you to his/her team. Please keep in mind that the coach has the final say on their roster. Oftentimes, more than 10 kids request a coach and the coach makes the final decision on which kids he keeps.
- If you did not have a coaching request, then we add you to a team that is closest to your area.
Q: My team doesn't have an assigned coach yet. Help!
- Given the size of our league, we do encounter a shortage of coaches. Please keep in mind that coaches are volunteers and generally have a child playing on that team.
- We do love when a parent steps up to coach when needed. It shows your child and the team support. We do offer resources if you have not coached previously.
- On very rare occasion, we are unable to find a coach for a team in which case we do our best to move the players to another team or refund the registration fees.
Q: I have an assigned coach but I haven't heard from him/her yet. What do I do?
- Sports Engine gives you the ability to reach out to your coach through our system. You won't necessarily know his cell number or email but be able to send him/her a message through SE.
- If you haven't heard from the coach after that, please contact us via email.
Q: When does my team need to do a sponsorship?
- Teams need to have a sponsorship during our Fall and Springs Seasons. Sponsorship dollars are used to help fund scholarships for kids in need, secure permitted practice locations and help pay for the referees.
- Sponsorship information can be found at on the website on the Sponsor tab on the main menu bar.
Q. My team can't find a sponsor. What do we do?
- All teams are required to have a team sponsor ($275.00) during the Fall and Spring Seasons. If team cannot find a community sponsor, then the $275 fee should be split amongst the team. (Due on or before the first season game)
Q: Do I need the mouthguard for practice?
- You don't have to wear a mouthguard to practice although we do recommend it. Mouthguards are strongly recommended for all games. You can order a mouthguard on the registration form or buy one at the NFL tent at the first game.
Q: My practices are too far from my location. What do I do?
- Practice locations can be up to 12 miles from your home/school. We have kids playing from all over the area so it is sometimes difficult to find a team that practices in your backyard.
Q: Do you offer team photos?
- We do offer Picture Day during the Fall and Spring seasons. Teams are assigned by the photographer to a specific time based on the playing schedule. We do not have control over that time.
Q: How do I see my player's team information?
Q: How do I remove myself from being a fan of a team?
- In the app, swipe left on the team's name which will allow you to delete the team from your team's list. You can also uncheck the star in the top right corner when you are on the team page.